- Research Interests
- Mathematical Modeling and Analytics for Data and Its Applications
- Mathematical Modeling of Scientific Data
- Mathematical Data-Analytics
- Data Visualizations
- Mathematical Modeling for Copmlex Fluids in Polymeric Physics,
Biology, and Physiology
- Moment-Closure Approximation Procedure for Dilute Polymeric Fluids
- Breakage and Rejoining Effects in polymeric fluids
- Mathematical Modeling of Ion-channel
- Poisson-Nernst-Planck System
- Ion Transport in Cell Membrane
- Electrical Activity in Cell Membrane
- Energetic Variational Approaches
- Diffusive Interface Approaches [avifile, or QuickTimeMoive]
- Multi-phase Fluids
- Mathematical Modeling for Transport of Biological Fluids
- Low Reynolds number fluids
- Sphere Obstacle connected with Elastic Spring (off finite size effect: overlap)
[avifile, or QuickTimeMoive]
- Sphere Obstacle connected with Elastic Spring (on finite size effect: non-overlap)
[avifile, or QuickTimeMoive]
- Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing
- Mixed Finite Elements
- Immersed Inteface Finite Element Methods
- Boundary Integral Method
- Parallel Computations (MPI, CUDA).
- Numerical Methods for Solving Linear System
- Accepted and Published
- Do Young Kwak, Seungwoo Lee and YunKyong Hyon, A New Finite Element For Interface Problems Having Robin Type Jump, International Journal Of Numerical Analysis And Modeling, 14(4), pp.532--549, 2017.
- Chiun-Chang Lee, Hijin Lee, YunKyong Hyon, Tai-Chia Lin and Chun Liu, Boundary layer solutions of Charge Conserving Poisson-Boltzmann equations: one-dimensional case, Communications in Mathematical Sciences, 14(4), pp.911--940, 2016.
- Chia-yu Hsieh, Yunkyong Hyon, Hijin Lee, Tai-chia Lin, and Chun Liu, Transport of Charged Particles: Entropy Production and Maximum Dissipation Principle, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 422, pp.309--336, 2015.
- Mehdi Jabbarzadeh, YunKyong Hyon, and Henry C. Fu, Swimming fluctuations of micro-organisms due to heterogeneous microstructure, Physical Review E 90, 043021 2014.
- YunKyong Hyon, Hysteretic Behavior of Moment-Closure Approximation for FENE Model, Kinetic and Related Models, 7(3), pp.493--507, 2014.
- YunKyong Hyon, Bob Eisenberg, and Chun Liu, An Energetic Variational Approach to Ion Channel Dynamics, Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, 37(7), pp.952--961, 2014.
- Marcos, YunKyong Hyon, Thomas R. Powers, Roman Stocker, and Henry C. Fu, The Wiggling Trajectories of Bacteria, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 705, pp.58--76, 2012.
- YunKyong Hyon, Jim Fonseca, Bob Eisenberg, and Chun Liu, Energy Variational Approach to Study Charge Inversion (Layering) near Charged Walls, DCDS-B, 17(8), pp.2725--2743, 2012.
- YunKyong Hyon, Do Young Kwak, Superconvergence of New Mixed Finite Element Spaces, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 235, pp.4265--4271, 2011.
- Chiun-Chang Lee, Hijin Lee, YunKyong Hyon, Tai-Chia Lin, and Chun Liu, New Poisson-Boltzmann Type Equations: One-Dimensional Solutions, Nonlinearity, 24, pp.431--458, 2011.
- YunKyong Hyon, Bob Eisenberg, and Chun Liu, A Mathematical Model for the Hard Sphere Repulsion in Ionic Solutions,
Communications in Mathematical Sciences, 9(2), pp.459--475, 2011.
- YunKyong Hyon, Bob Eisenberg, and Chun Liu, Energy Variational Analysis EnVarA of Ions in Water and Channels:
Field Theory for Primitive Models of Complex Ionic Fluids, Journal of Chemical Physics, 133, pp.104104-1--23 2010.
- YunKyong Hyon, Do Young Kwak, New Quadrilateral Mixed Finite Elements, Electronic Transactions on Numerical Analysis, Vol. 37, pp. 189--201, 2010.
- YunKyong Hyon, Qiang Du, and Chun Liu, On Some PDF Based Moment Closure Approximations of Micro-Macro Models for Viscoelastic Polymeric Fluids, J. Comput. and Theo. Nanoscience, Vol. 7(4), pp. 756--765, 2010
- YunKyong Hyon, Do Young Kwak, and Chun Liu, Energetic Variational Approach in Complex Fluids : Maximum Dissipation Principle, DCDS-A, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp.1291--1304, 2010.
- YunKyong Hyon, Qiang Du, and Chun Liu, An Enhanced Macroscopic Closure Approximation to the Micro-Macro FENE Models for Polymeric Materials, SIAM : Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp.978--1002, 2008.
- YunKyong Hyon, Jose A. Carrillo, Qiang Du, and Chun Liu, A Maximum Entropy Principle based Closure Method for Macro-micro Models of Polymeric Materials, Kinetic and Related Models, v.1, no.2, p.171--184, 2008.
- YunKyong Hyon, Ho-Jong Jang and Do Young Kwak, A Nonconforming Covolume Method for Elliptic Problems, Applied Mathematics and Computation, v.196, p.60--66, 2008.
- P. A. Krutitskii, YunKyong Hyon, and Do Young Kwak,Numerical Treatment of A Skew Derivative Problem for the Laplace Equation in the Exterior of An Open Arc, Journal of Engineering Mathematics, v.59, p.25--60, 2007.
- YunKyong Hyon, and Ho-Jong Jang, An Accelerated Deflation
Technique for Large Symmetric Generalized Eigenproblems, Journal
of Korean Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, v.3, no.1, 99--106, 1999.
- Academic & Professional Backgrounds
- Senior Research Scientist,
National Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Daejeon, Korea. (2013.01-Present)
- Research Scientist (KRCF Research Fellow for Young Scientists),
National Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Daejeon, Korea. (2012.04-2012.12)
- Postdoctal Fellow at Department of Mechanical Engineering,
University of Nevada, Reno, Reno, Nevada, USA.
- Postdoctal Fellow at Institute for Mathematics and Its Applications,
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
- Postdoctal Fellow at Department of Mathematics,
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Ph.D.: Department of Mathematical Sciences,
(Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology), Deajeon, Korea.
- M.S.: Department of Mathematics, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea.
- B.S.: Department of Mathematics, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea.